The First Presbyterian Scholarship Fund Committee will accept applications until July 29, 2018. Active members pursuing an undergraduate or graduate level course of study may apply for a Kintner/Brown scholarship grant. The Doug Johnson Fund is specifically for post-high school, trade, technical, business school, or education majors; the Kovarick Fund is for college juniors and seniors. Forms are available below.
You may recall that the choir and a few extra friends sang the National Anthem last summer at an Iron Pigs Baseball game at Coca Cola Park in Allentown. They have been invited to sing again this year! The date is Friday, August 24, so mark your calendars! The first pitch is 7:05pm. Reserve your $11.00 ticket now by contacting the church office!
It’s time to start thinking about Stroudfest, the annual celebration that takes place during the Labor Day weekend. Saturday, September 1 is the date for this year’s event. In addition to The Amen Café, we will be hosting a Yard Sale in our Fellowship Hall from 10am until 3pm. Volunteers will be needed in both areas.
The Amen Café will once again be serving hotdogs, along with chili sauce, sauerkraut, relish, onions, etc. Bottled water and Lemonade will be available as well. We will need cashiers, grillers, and runners.
The Indoor Yard Sale is a new event this year. Again, there is a need for cashiers and area coordinators. Areas include (but not limited to) are lawn and garden, furniture, clothing, crafts (I’m hoping to unload a lot of leftovers from the Holiday Bazaar!), candy, and antiques and collectibles.
- Donations are needed and welcomed. Please bring them clean, and ready to price. Pick-up service will be available for larger items. Tell your friends and neighbors that we are collecting donations.
- Donations we do NOT want: computers, monitors, car seats, TV's (except like-new flat screens), textbooks, encyclopedias, old National Geographics, ski equipment, and things that don't work.
- If you are willing to organize and area, or perhaps partner with someone, please let me know! Organizing will take place over the summer months. Sign-up sheets are available in the back hallway.
- Volunteers will be needed the week after to dispose of leftover items.
As anyone who has worked the Holiday Bazaar will tell you, it is a great way to meet your fellow congregants in a fun and loving project!
Our Presbyterian Women (PW) ask you to donate to this cause...
Church Women United is collecting new and slightly used purses (through September). If you have purses please drop them at the church office or bring them to church. The purses are sold on Ebay to benefit human trafficking.
This summer we’ll have a very low-key, no sign-up coffee time after Sunday worship services each week. Just coffee and cookies...with no added fuss. Whoever gets to the kitchen first throws on a pot or two of coffee. Beth will start things off with some cookies, and it’s likely others will bring a batch throughout the summer months. Let’s see what happens.
The Birthday Offering of PW celebrates PW's history of mission giving. It was launched in 1922, has become an annual tradition, and has funded nearly 100 major mission projects that continue to make a difference in the lives of women and children. The theme this year is Welcome to This Place based on Hebrews 4:16. There are three projects this year:
- Cottage Village, a tiny house community for low-income residents in Cottage Grove, Oregon,
- Village of Grace Center for Physical and Spiritual Health in Tegucigalpa, Honduras,
- and the Dwelling Place in Minneapolis and St. Paul, MN.
Envelopes will be in the pews from 6/3 to 6/17. Please give as you have been blessed.